Welcome to Resources4Learning.org
Hi there, and welcome to our slightly clunky, funky site ... and yes, we're a little bit geeky - one of our main specialisms on these pages is Computing! [That said, have a dig around: some of us are also musicians; we also have some very useful help on planning timetables, subject workmix, and getting to grips with barriers to learning - and a growing stack of links to sites run by known, reliable teacher friends in other subject areas.]
This site is frequently updated. More goodies arriving regularly. Keep coming back.
Stay warm and focused with our super-engaging learning resources!
The nights are drawing in...
Keep busy with our ever-growing range of resources, materials and links.
Some fab new Python programming things coming soon.
Plenty to explore outside our site, too, on our Other Sites page.
We've been around for over 3 years now, and we're still adding new links and resources, so hang around, and dig about.
We aim to provide a range of resources and materials to help parents handle the task of home educating children and relieve some of the anxiety and uncertainty. We're also happy for school students to use our site as a revision/catch-up tool.
The authors are providing the material here on a help yourself, "take what you need and use it" basis. So be our guest, wander round, grab anything you find useful, save it to your computer, print it if you like, use it.
The Internet and World Wide Web provide unrecedented access to information and learning materials; but there is also a darker, murkier side to the web. At R4L we are acutely aware of this, so we have put some useful links in both the Useful Stuff and Other Sites pages of this site.
November 2023 already...
This site sees regular updates; the more significant are usually listed here:
- * * * L A T E S T * * * Our Website Design course over on our Key Stage 3 Computer Science page just got a few tweaks - mostly correcting a few typos on some of the sheets, and making just a few things even easier to understand. Check it out and have fun writing Websites!
Some great new links on our Other Sites page.
- Our GCSE Cyberspace page has some fascinating new links to some of the earliest use of encryption for code and voices.
- Our Other Sites page continues to grow: some exciting new additions there.
- The Tests & Exams page in our GCSE Computer Science area now has links to a whole load of past papers for each of the four exam boards. Just in time for that half-term revision-and-prep session you know you always wanted to get round to! Check it out!
- The Programming, Cyberspace and Computer Systems sections in our GCSE Computer Science area now have a few gems from our classroom handouts and worksheets. Keep your eyes open; there will be more!
The Cyberspace part of our GCSE Computer Science offering just sprouted a bunch of links to some fascinating sites on encryption. Head on over, you don't know what you're missing!
- Some Fun! The Programming and interactive projects part of our Key Stage 3 Computing page now has a link to a site offering some interactive project ideas using BBC micro:bit and Raspberry Pi computers. Buzz in and take a look! Some more ideas of our own will also be coming to that page shortly.
Keep your eye on the Links page, where a few new links to resources for computing and other subjects often appear.
The Programming section in our GCSE Computer Science page now has links to some great courses in Python and related materials.
Fun Stuff is finally getting a bit bigger - let's just tempt you by saying "Go invade that space...".
- With thanks to one of our readers, our links page has some great ideas for a recycling approach to science, technology and creativity. Check out the site recommended by Charlie in Alabama, USA
- Their, there, they're! our Useful Stuff page now has a link to an excellent site covering many commonly confused words. Head on over and take a look!
- Recently our GCSE Computer Science course saw some attention, the Computer Systems section is growing some new lessons, for example. Well worth looking into.
- New in our KS3 Computing and Useful Stuff pages, some guidance on safety online.
- *** New at the end of 2020 *** R4L has a new page! funstuff check out Fun Stuff on the main menu - we thought we'd put something a bit more light-hearted into the mix, especially with the festive season now upon us. Head on over and check it out.
- The EYFS page has some interesting new links.
- In the GCSE Computer Science course, the Programming section now joins-up with another teacher's site offering a ton of excellent links to programming materials and resources. Dive in, get coding!
- The Primary pages now have links to materials for Science, Music and Sensory Learning. Well worth exploring.
- Our Other Sites page has just expaned enormously and seen a facelift. Head on over and find some great links to ... other sites! Go take a peek and see what some of our friends are offering.
- Our Key Stage 3 section also now has a page containing links to the National Curriculum suggested programmes of study for each subject. Pop over to our new-look Key Stage 3 section and check it out.
- The Computer Systems section of our GCSE Computer Science course has seen some recent additions - check out Generally Useful Stuff towards the bottom of the page), as has our Other Sites page - not least here some information on exam centres when the time arrives (have to get booked-in by sometime in February).
- *** PRIMARY *** After half a night's work from our Webmaster, we now have a Primary Section! At the moment mainly focused on helping you find your way around the National Curriculum (The Government Web site is a nightmare to navigate, so we've put all the links you need in one place!) Other resources and a few materials wil appear in due course.
- Our GCSE Section now has pages for Music and Geography - these provide: a growing collection of useful respources (in the case of music); and some tips on answering the longer exam questions in Geography. KS3 Music also contains all manner of goodies, both "taught" lessons, and just bundles of stuff to take away, play with, make some noise, and learn in the process. Head on over, take a look.
- In the Useful Stuff link on the menu bar, we've just added some advice on tackling barriers to learning;
- Also in Useful Stuff you will find some helpful guidance on subject mix and timetabling at Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- In the GCSE section you can find a useful introduction to GCSE Computer Science, and links to each of the exam boards, explaining what the courses are about.
Stay tuned! We are continuing to develop our selection of materials for Computing/Computer Science, ICT, Music. ... and we won't be stopping there - the collection will continue to grow as our teachers either write new stuff, or continue to adapt their classroom materials for homeschool use.
We're on your side.
Elsewhere on the Web
We will also be setting-up a sister site, with additional materials, at a very low cost (we appreciate times may be tough for a lot of people; we're making lots of good stuff available FREE here, and the "paid-for" site will be asking very small amounts for the additional materials there).
Our other sites page has a growing list of friends' learning sites, and sites recommended by us or our friends
Our friends at GCSE Revision Monkey have some excellent resources for Sciences.
We're all in this together.